- Why Study Arts and Social Sciences?
- Program Options
- Career Opportunities and Co-op Education
- International Opportunities
Double Degree Program with Monash University (Australia)
Simon Fraser University’s Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, and Monash University’s Faculty of Arts, have partnered to offer students the opportunity to complete two degrees concurrently in both Canada and Australia.
Areas of Study
Students will choose a major from one of Criminology, First Nations Studies, International Studies, or World Literature, leading to a BA degree. In addition, students will earn a BA (Global) degree from Monash University by attending university for only one more year than other students completing a single SFU degree.
At Monash University, the Bachelor of Arts (Global) is a unique degree that presents students with the opportunity to gain a truly international education, and prepares them for the challenges of being a global citizen. Students complete a core International Studies Major and core Global Studies unit with a choice of an Arts Minor.
Students who begin the program at SFU will complete the first two years of study at SFU, the next two years at Monash, and will return to complete their fifth year at SFU.
Where can the SFU/Monash Double Degree Program take you?
- International agencies and organizations
- Journalism, communications, broadcasting, and public relations
- International trade specialist or diplomat
- Government policy analyst or researcher
- Consultant in the public or private sector
- Manager in private business or the non-profit sector
For more information, please contact:
Claire de Lisser